Saturday, May 11, 2013

There's an App for That! Part 2

Two days later, I am blessed with Biology Honors classes. The gentleman, who I substituted for prior, and I have spoken. We discussed his "sweathogs" and yes, he remembers Welcome Back Kotter.,

Abut midday, during our lunch periods, he rushes in all excited. The Mystery of the malfunctioning projector has been solved. There is nothing wrong with it. He details how it happened to him, just the same as my experience. Funny thing was that the teacher whose room it is doesn't have a problem.

However . . . 

It has been discovered that one or more students in the 1st period class have downloaded an application to
their cell phones that can cause the projector to go on or off at their will, and to their delight.

Another male teacher bursts in excitedly to report that kids in his classes are also doing this, though it is difficult to discover which students are involved without constantly wardening and hoping they think no one is watching so that they will activate the app in front of him.

The department chair enters. She has just overheard the revelation. The men quickly depart as the bell is about to ring. We watch them go, and then I turn to the department chair. She has a grin on her face. It probably mirrors mine. I have to grin. I tell her, "If I were their age, I would be all over such a prank." She agrees with me.

If there is an app for that, who knows what they will devise next?? Wonder if it works on red lights?

No comments:

Post a Comment